Voices of Partition (Stanford)
A free event. Limited seating.
February 18, 2016 @6:30pm
Link to register Here
Story Scholars Summer 2016
Now accepting applications for the 10 month program and NEW! 3 month summer program.
Deadline to apply is March 31
- Dawn.com (Associated Press) | Murder, rape and shattered families: 1947 Partition Archive under way
March 13, 2015, Lahore
- Huffington Post | Recording History: The 1947 Partition Archive
August 18, 2014, New York
- The Atlantic | The Fading Memory of South Asia's Partition
August 15, 2014, New York
- The Wall Street Journal | Oral history project races to record voices of Partition survivors in India and Pakistan
August 12, 2014, Delhi
- The Hindu | U.S. group preserves memories of Partition
March 8, 2014, Delhi
- The News International | Archiving memories of a shared, Partitioned past
October 30, 2013, Karachi
- The Hindustan Times | A file in time...
October 21, 2013, Chandigarh
- The New York Times | Potent Memories from a Divided India
August 14, 2013, New York
Help record stories in 2016:
What we do
The 1947 Partition Archive has been preserving oral histories of Partition witnesses since 2010. Over 2000 stories have been preserved on digital video from 280 cities across the world by over 500 Citizen Historian volunteers who have devoted an estimated 30,000 hours in volunteer labor. The 1947 Partition Archive is truly a labor of love, built for people, by people from diverse backgrounds. You too can join us. Learn how to record and share a story from your community now! Or support another story through your donation.
Featured Interview Clips
Video: Ali Shan migrated from East to West Punjab (full interview coming soon)
Video: Kazi Shamsuzzaman migrated from West to East Bengal (full interview coming soon).
Video: Ajit Cour migrated from West to East Punjab (full interview coming soon).
Our Free e-Newsletter
Keep up with events, highlights, stories, fellowships and more through our free monthly newsletter. Sign up here.